08 June 2021

Monday, Tuesday 7,8 June 2021: Flight to Athens

My flight to Athens was uneventful. It left JFK at 9 PM and arrived in Athens around noon. Because I had 4 seats to myself, I stretched out and slept comfortably most of the way.  Things are just starting to pick up after Covid, so the planes were not very full.  

 I spent the afternoon at the beach near the Athens International Airport and flew on to Istanbul the following morning. Apartments Tina, my hotel, was close to the airport and offered free pick up and drop off.  If I were going to be in Athens again just overnight, I would stay here again.

In the Yard of the Hotel


 Since I arrived at noon, I spent the afternoon at the nearby coastal town of Artemida which had a lovely beach. 



Hairdressing Sign


I had dinner at the hotel: stuffed tomatoe with Greek salad.




No comments: