10 February 2018

Saturday, February 10, 2017: Birding

We got up at 5AM so that we could catch a taxi and be at the San Ignaceo Resort and Hotel by 6 for a birding tour. First we stood on the terrace, high above the ground and looked around. The toucan which usually comes around 6:30 did not show up, but we heard a toucan and saw many other birds. Then we walked through the forest trail past a couple of small waterfalls and saw many other birds, getting a very close up view of the motmot.

We then went to the market where I got another fresh coconut which I could drink out of with a straw. When I finished I took it back, and he cut it open and scooped the coconut flesh out for me.



At dusk we went looking for a toucon but saw several yellow headed parrots instead. I also saw a large male green iguana in the driveway.


No comments: