08 October 2021

Montreal, October 7,8

 Kristen worked both Thursday and Friday, so I walked around. Thursday I took the metro with Kristen to her work and then walked up and down and around Mont Royal, a small mountain in the middle of Montreal near McGill University.  I walked about 15 miles total.



View from Mount Royal

McGill Space Institute--Kristen's office is to the left of the stairs.



St Joseph Oratory

On the way home we stopped at Chocolat Favoris  to get chocolate coated ice cream cones.  The best coated ice cream I've ever eaten.













Friday I ventured further afield. First I walked to the Jean Drapeau Park, crossing over the Jacques Cartier Bridge to Jean Drapeau Island, the site of the 1967 Expo World's Fair.  The island had been expanded with all of the fill excavated from creating the metro system in the 1960s.  First I walked around the island, along a river, past an old tower, and to the biosphere.





Biosphere from Expo 67


Then I took the Metro to the  Notre Dame Cathedral. It was closed to visitors, but I had a hot chocolate and a chocolate-pistachio filled croissant at Tommy's, a nearby cafe situated in the old British Empire Building.









After that I walked to McGill and hung out in the park until Kristen came.  I had walked close to 15 miles total.  


No comments: