18 September 2021

Jordan: Saturday, September 18

 I got up before sunrise and climbed a nearby rock.  Then I discovered that it was so dark I couldn't see the camp, so I hung out on the rock until someone in camp shone a flashlight, and I knew which direction to walk. I then walked with the guide and his second wife to the top of a rock where there was a good view of the sunrise. Nadia woke up and came up for part of the sunrise; everyone else was asleep. 


After breakfast most of us clambered up the rocks. One of them was so high that Kristen gave me a leg up, and then I pulled her up.

 Around 10:30 we toured some of the traditional places to visit: a rock bridge and a small canyon.  We had left our car at the Wadi Rum Village and were in the back of the 4WD truck following the other 4WD vehicle.


 

By noon, Kristen and I left the group and headed to Aqaba to get our Covid tests. Canada is much more strict about which test is required, so we wanted to make sure that we got the correct test at the correct timing.  By the time we finished our tests and got salads in a nearby restaurant, the rest of the group had limped into Aqaba.  The family had wanted to stay in an Airbnb villa, but our guide preferred a Movenpick resort. The resort was right around the corner, so we drove over and met them.  


Sunset View from our Balcony

Resort View from our Balcony

We had 2 duplexes with 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 2 sofas, a kitchen, and a balcony.  Some of us went to the upstairs pool where there were no children. I did that for a while, but then I went shopping with Nadia's mom and a sister. We all had dinner at a nearby restaurant.  














 




No comments: