15 June 2021

Tuesday, 15 June 2021: Meteora, Delphi, and Overnight Ferry to Crete

 This morning I went for an early morning walk up into the hills.  I had a really nice view of the cliffs.


 Then I walked back down and we drove to Delphi where we saw the temple of Apollo.  It was really cool to see things that were more than 2,000 years old although they were in ruins for the most part. 
Temple of Apollo


Stadium is at the top of the hill

Athenian Treasury

Omphalos (Naval) of Delphi: The Greeks considered Delphi the center of the world


 


Model of Ancient Delphi 

Sphinx

After that Mark and Denise dropped me off at the harbor where I got my ticket and found my boat to Crete. This will be my first overnight boat.  I was on an overnight train in Russia, an overnight bus in Peru and now I have a cozy little cabin on a ferry in Greece. It leaves at 9 PM and arrives at 6 AM.
My cabin on the boat. It has 2 upper beds also that can be pulled down to sleep up to 4 (but I have it to myself)







No comments: