13 July 2011

Wednesday, 13. July Part IV: Walking down from the castle





After the tour we walked down to the city, touring the Georgiankirche where Bach had been a church organist.  Someone was playing the organ, so we got a mini concert.




 We walked around the city center again and then found a second hand store with Trachten—traditional Alpen outfit.  So we bought a duvet cover for Kristen and quite a bit of Alpen clothing (trachten.) I had priced trachten last time I was in Austria and decided that I couldn’t justify the price, so it was very exciting to find a wool jacket which looked new in my size at an incredibly cheap price.  I had bought one of the shirts for the edelweiss buttons. We walked about a mile up the hill with our loot, back to the house.


After Frau Heller saw what we had purchased, she went up to her button collection and gave me all of  her trachten buttons from her button collection. Less exciting was the fact that all this stuff had to go into our backpacks and that we had to carry it all on our backs for another week.




No comments: